24 May 2024, 17:53

Housewife electrocuted in Meherpur

MEHERPUR, May 24, 2024 (BSS) - A housewife was electrocuted at Islamnagar village of Amjhupi union under Sadar upazila of the district today.

The deceased was identified as Sarzia Khatun, 42, wife of Mizanur Rahman of Islamnagar village of the upazila.

Amjhupi Union Parishad member Abul Kashem said Sarzia Khatun came in contact with a live electric wire when she was electrocuted in a short circuit while taking a bath in the bathroom by running an electric water pump around 1:30 to 1:45pm this afternoon. She died on the spot.

Later, family members of the victim recovered the body from the bathroom.

Officer-In-Charge (OC) of Sadar Police Station Koni Miah confirmed the matter.



  • Latest News
  • Most View