18 May 2024, 19:46

Two die in septic tank in Gopalganj

GOPALGANJ, May 18, 2024 (BSS) - Two workers died  and two others were injured after inhaling toxic gas inside a septic tank while cleaning the septic tank of an under-construction building of Purvpara village of Parulia union of Kashiani upazila of the district today.

The deceased were identified as Suman, 45, son of Soleman Mia, and Nahid,22, resident of Madhya Bakharpur village of Chandpur district.

Officer-in-charge (OC) of Kashiani Police Station Md Zillur Rahman said that the two labourers were working in the septic tank around 12:30pm of the house, leaving they get sick from poisonous gas. When the other two workers proceeded to rescue them also get sick from the poisonous gas.

Fire service and police recovered them from the spot and sent them to Kashiani Upazila Health Complex, where on-duty doctor declared them dead, he said.



  • Latest News
  • Most View