01 Apr 2023, 16:36

Student electrocuted in Jashore

JASHORE, April 1, 2023 (BSS) - A student died after being electrocuted at Dhopadi village under Abhaynagar upazila of district last evening.

The deceased was identified as Subrata Das, 14, a student of class eight of Dhopadi Secondary School and son of Pashupati Das, a resident of Dhopadi village of the upazila.

Local people said he was electrocuted at around 6:30 pm when putting a bulb in the electricity holder at his house.

Later he was taken to Abhaynagar Upazila Health Complex where the on-duty doctor declared him dead.

Sub-Inspector (SI) of Abhaynagar Police Station Harshit Roy confirmed the matter.

  • Latest News
  • Most View