18 Mar 2023, 18:36

Sibling electrocuted in Chandpur

CHANDPUR, March 18, 2023 (BSS) - A teenage girl and her younger brother died from electrocution in Shahrasti municipality area of the district today. 

The victims were identified as Fahima Akhter, 16, daughter of Shahjahan Bhuiyan and her brother Fahim, 7, resident of the area.
Police said Fahim came in contact with a live electric wire at around 1 pm at Poshchim Upolata Bhuiyan Bari of the municipality. At that time, his elder sister Fahima came forward to save his brother and both of them were electrocuted.

Later, they were taken to Shahrasti Upazila Health Complex where the duty doctor declared them dead.

Officer-in-Charge of Shahrasti Police Station Shahid Hossain confirmed the matter. 


  • Latest News
  • Most View