Dhaka, Saturday, March 17, 2018


National : *** 99th birthday of Bangabandhu observed in country ***   |   National : ** President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu at Tungipara**UN declares Bangladesh's eligibility for graduation from LDCs ** 99th birthday of Bangabandhu being celebrated across country ***   |   International : *** Canada to send peacekeepers to Mali: official***   |   

Country's 13.92 cr people enjoy safe water facility

SANGSAD BHABAN, Jan 22, 2018 (BSS) - Local Government, Rural Development and Cooperative Minister Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain today said country's 87 per cent people are now come under safe water facility.

"87 per cent or 13 crore 92 lakh people are now enjoying safe water facility,"said the minister while responding to a query placed by treasury bench lawmaker M Abdul Latif of Chittagong-11 at the house. The rest 13 per cent people are now collecting drinking water from other remote safe water sources, the minister added.

At present, 99 per cent people in the country have come under basic sanitation, he said.

Of the facility, 61 per cent are enjoying modern latrine facilities, 28 per cent are joint latrine facilities and 10 per cent people are using less- developed latrine, the LGRD minister mentioned.